Child Care FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Do you offer infant care?
We do! Infants 3 months and above are cared for by infant care-certified personnel and have a separate room where their needs can be met lovingly throughout the day. Call for information.
2) What ages or levels does the child care center accept?
Infants ages 3 months and above to Pre-Kindergarten are provided for in the year-round Child Care Center. School-age children through 12 years of age are in the Before and After School Care Program.
3) How far ahead must you register your child to be included in the child care center?
We have year round enrollment. Openings vary throughout the year.
4) Is a deposit required?
There will be a one-month deposit due at signing; additionally, you are required to pay tuition one month in advance.
5) What are your hours of operation for your child care center?
7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday year round.
6) Do you offer Before and After Care? What schools do you service? Is transportation provided?
We offer Before and After Care for Kindergarten to 5th grade children at Mays Chapel Elementary and Pinewood Elementary. A Baltimore County Public School bus transports the children registered at Mays Chapel Elementary School, and private transportation from Padonia Park Club transports children registered at Pinewood Elementary School.
7) Are you accredited?
We have a state-accredited Pre-K program and licensing by the Office of Child Care State Department of Education.
8) Are your teachers certified?
The teachers meet and or exceed the state requirements for their positions.
9) Do you offer toilet training?
Toilet training is a normal feature of our program for 2 and 3 year olds. Four-year-old children are expected to be fully potty trained to participate in daily activities.
10) Are you on the same schedule as Baltimore County schools?
We have many similarities to the BCPS system with minor variations for the holidays. However, we are open for child care on the Professional Study Days, the BCPS half days and some of the inclement weather days (depending on the severity of the weather).
11) What extracurricular activities do you offer?
Summertime features eight weeks of swimming instruction for children ages 2-5 years.