Built on a 30-acre site, the Padonia Park Club opened in 1960 and has operated continuously since that time. In 1972, the first of several major additions were made to the property, and others have since been added. Today the facilities include the following:
- Five swimming pools (main pool, lap pool, training pool, two-tier baby pool, and a kiddie pool)
- Free-standing snack bar, the Grille, serving food and beverages to the members and guests in the summer
- Lakeside Day Camp, providing summer fun for children ages 5-13
- Archery/air riflery range and zipline added for camp in 2010
- The Club House, which includes office space, restrooms, and locker rooms, banquet/meeting room, a first aid and equipment room, and storage rooms
- Boat house, which houses filters and storage for the pond
- Operations (maintenance) building
- The Cabana Bar, open seasonally for members and guests
- Multiple covered pavilions used for group occasions
- The Lakeside Building, a banquet and catering facility (Padonia Park Child Center on the lower level) as well as a catering service building
- Two tennis courts, plus many other amenities for recreational use
Employment at Padonia has reached approximately 200 seasonal employees and 18 full-time employees. Employees are assigned specific departments that include lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, the Grille, catering, general and grounds operations, coaches, accounting, administrative, and management.
Padonia Park Club, Inc. was formed in 1997 to manage the Cabana Bar and other member activities.
These operations have been developed to encourage better utilization of the facilities and personnel year round. The Padonia Corporation continues to successfully maintain existing programs and facilities as well as strives to investigate new possibilities for corporate growth to maximize the facility potential. In 1999, the management team entered into a strategic planning process to establish basic corporate concepts for a more effectively managed operation as well as to respond to the diversity of the collective businesses formed since 1960.
Child Care International, Inc. was formed in 1993. The first phase of the corporation is presently trading as Padonia Park Child Centers. Padonia Park Child Centers is a year-round licensed child care and preschool program for children ages 2 through kindergarten. The philosophy is to provide a modern child center with traditional values devoted to the nurturing and educating of children.
The enrollment potential of Padonia Park Child Centers is approximately 100 children. The curriculum includes academics, computer experience, arts, swimming, gym, and music programs.There are 10-month and 12-month five-day programs available, with two- or three-day options available for the 2- and 3-year-olds. Children in diapers are accepted. The Pre-K program is accredited by the State of Maryland Board of Education. Our Before and After School program was added in 2002 for children attending Pinewood Elementary School in Timonium, Maryland.
With the development of Child Care International, Inc. (T/A Padonia Park Child Centers), a decision was made to have Padonia Park Child Centers manage and operate Lakeside Day camp and the American Red Cross Swim Lesson Program in an effort to keep our child services under one corporate structure.