Padonia Park Club
Swim Lesson Program
SIGN UP FOR SWIM LESSONS IN 2 EASY STEPS!
STEP 1: Choose Your Registration
STEP 2: CLICK HERE to make payment
*Note: Both steps must be completed to reserve your spot* If you have any questions, call the Main Office 410-252-2046. There is an additional $7.00 convenience fee for late registrations after 7pm each Friday and registration closes at 1pm on Sundays for the coming week.
Adult Lessons Group Lessons Private & Semi-Private Lessons
Beginner through advanced skills
2019 Swim Lesson Registration
Group - Private - Parent Infant/Toddler
Padonia Park Club Swim Program
All Levels of Swim Instruction
|Swim Lesson Ratios|
Group Swim Lessons
Fees: $55.00 – Per child per week (July 2nd week fees are $44 per child; closed Wednesday)
- Registration must be submitted by 5pm each Friday for the following week of lessons.
- There is an additional $7.00 convenience fee for registrations after 5pm each Friday and registration closes at 1:00pm on Sundays for the coming week.
- All lesson participants must be current Padonia Park Club members.
- Please arrive prior to start time so that classes may begin promptly.
- Online registration requires online payment by credit card in step 2.
- All students must be ages 3 and up and be potty trained (No diapers of any kind permitted in group swim lessons)
- A child may be moved up or down as the instructor and supervisor are able to assess after the first lesson.
- Instructor requests are welcome but may not be guaranteed.
- Out of courtesy, please notify the Club Office if you will be unable to attend.
- Lesson groups will meet on the picnic deck before each lesson. Class lists indicating each student’s level/group will be posted on the swim lesson bulletin board by the Club Terrace.
- Each class will be in the water for 40-45 minutes, depending on level.
- Short Season Members are encouraged to pre-register by July 20st for lessons available during their membership beginning July 23rd (see below for registration times; call to arrange for club entrance during registration times only).
- For parent infant/toddler classes – See Private Lessons
- Adult lessons are available on a private lesson basis. If more interest, small group lessons may be formed for adults.
- No refunds are made for inclement weather or missed attendance.
- Parents are requested to remain away from the instructional area to encourage better instructor/student communication.
- Every child will receive a Progress Report at the end of each week of lessons.
Group Swim Lesson Times
In Person Registration Options
AMERICAN RED CROSS PROGRAM LEVELS 1-6C
Level 1: Water Exploration- Learn the basics of being comfortable in the water! All skills are assisted. (Ex. Blowing bubbles, assisted floats, kicking etc.)
Level 2: Primary Skills- Learn the basics of being comfortable in the water! All skills are unassisted. (Ex. Structured doggie paddle, floating, kicking etc.)
Level 3: Stroke Development- Learn to develop basic stroke skills and full independence in the water!
Level 4: Stroke Improvement- Develop confidence, improve the techniques used for stroke development, and build endurance! Introduction to diving.
Level 5: Stroke Refinement- Learn to perfect stroke technique and build endurance. Further introduction to diving.
Level 6a: Personal Water Safety- Refine strokes in order to develop increased endurance and learn more advanced survival swimming techniques.
Level 6b: Fitness Swimmer- Students will be able to refine strokes in order to swim with more ease, efficiency over greater distances.
Level 6c: Fundamentals of Diving- Learn more advanced diving skills and continue to refine swimming endurance.
For more information, please visit the swim lesson’s registration table
during our registration hours or call 410-252-2046
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Private swim lessons are available for adults and children (any age). The instruction time is arranged at your convenience with your instructor. Your instructor will contact you to set up your first lesson after you register in the Office. Payment is to be made directly to Padonia Park Club in the Main Office. New private lesson inquiries will not be taken after August 3rd due to instructor availability.
May also be used for Parent Infant/Toddler Lessons or adult lessons. (2+ children enrolled, semi-private only)
Registration: Main Office – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Time: Based on instructor’s availability, the convenience of the member and club events.
Private Lesson: $27.00 per child Per 30 minute lesson
Semi-Private: $20.00 per child Per 30 minute lesson
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it usually take for a child to pass a level? American Red Cross suggests that most levels take an average of two weeks. We have set it up with a one week commitment to accommodate member’s vacation schedules but suggest that most children will need at least two weeks to complete each level. If a child has had previous lessons or a lot of experience in the water, they may complete a level within one week. Some levels will need more time.
If my child is afraid of the water, is it best to wait? No. Most children will respond differently to an instructor than a parent. They will seek protection from a parent understandably. And will often perform better for an unknown person “of authority” and/or in the presence of other children their age. All safe exposure to the water is an excellent opportunity for your child to work toward more aquatic success. Some will internalize what they are seeing and hearing and not outwardly perform. Then suddenly one day make great progress.
If my child is not responding to a particular instructor, may we request a change? It is always possible to change instructors from week to week. It can sometimes be a little more challenging to make a change in the middle of the week. If you feel it would benefit your child, please make the request to the Aquatic Supervisor. She will do everything possible to make that change if it does not adversely affect other children receiving instruction and can allow us to remain within the ratio requirement by the American Red Cross.
How many weeks should we register our child to take swim lessons? Any exposure to swim lessons is an advantage you want to give to your child. The more skills they master, the safer they will be and the more fun they will have. Swim lessons teach the skills properly and avoid developing an unsafe strategy of survival for your child should they get in a compromised aquatic situation. Sometimes, we may recommend a break if we feel they have reached a level that they need to strengthen before progressing.
When should I consider private lessons versus group lessons? Typically, group lessons provide the instruction and the peer influence needed for most children to progress. Some children may need a little extra encouragement or focused attention on them to progress. Some family schedules do not allow for 5 consecutive lessons required by the group lessons.